Vegetable and lentil casserole
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 300g carrots cut into chunks
- 300g courgettes cut into chunks
- 4 sticks of celery cut into chunks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 200g red lentils, rinsed
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 can light coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock (made from stock cube)
- 3tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
Heat oil in large casserole dish.
Add leeks carrots courgettes celery and garlic.
Cook for 5 minutes stirring then add cumin coriander and lentils.
Stir well then add chopped tomatoes coconut milk and stock, bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring from time to time until lentils and vegetables are soft.
Just before serving toss in the coriander.